Friday, November 10, 2006

The Friday... Wham?

Dear Mr. George Michael,

Despite the machinations of Zack Morris, Kelly Kapowski only had eyes for you. It's easy to see why. You've provided the soundtrack for freak gasoline fights the world over and there is not a day that I don't go into Starbucks and order an orange mocca cappucino without thinking of you. Watching your namesake on Arrested Developement was painful. He is but a facsimile of your glory.

But I'm a realist, Mr. George Michael. After The Hoff and I had our falling out, I swore to my trusty editors that I would be careful. That I would be more discriminate with my affections. And I know, people who do naughty things in public restrooms will only break my heart.

XOXoxoXOOXOxOX,
Jables


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Straight Up said...

Jables - I had to respond to your friday post, because oddly enough I just downloaded George Michael's "Faith" as a new ringtone on my phone. Thanks for making me feel ok about that. You know, it is a pretty good song - I even like the Limp Bizkit version. I think Kelly Kapowski probably did too.

Yes it is true George Michael DID break our hearts (especially us girls). I am a realist too, but I can't help but smile when I remember George jitterbugging in his little white shorts - and making it OK for guys to wear 2 earrings as long as they had the cute 3-day beard to go with. Ahh and I was still a believer when I heard him sing "guilty feet have got no rhythm".

xoxo Kelly
http://www.myspace.com/kelnovak

Sunday, November 12, 2006 6:00:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kelly darling,
I couldn't agree more. The power of the 3-day beard should never be underestimated. Neither should the power of jitterbugging and little white shorts. All good things.

Thank you for the shout-out. Sometimes I feel like no one loves me. I hear my trusty editors whispering in the corners of JBB World HQ. I'm quite sure they're bribing their friends to comment on my Body. So an unsolicited comment from a true friend of JBB is most glorious. Stick around, baby. We've got fun times ahead.
XoxOxOxOxOxoxoxXXOXX,
Jables.

Sunday, November 12, 2006 5:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home