Friday, September 29, 2006

The Friday... Bolton?

After The Hoff and I had a falling out, my trusty editors suggested that I look for another kitschy hero worthy of JBB worship. So in the coming weeks, stay tuned as I valiantly quest for an object upon which to lavish my affections.

Of all the contenders vying for my heart, Bolton seems the most Hoffian. He's gentler, preppier, and longer-haired, while still retaining the greatest of The Hoff's many, many great qualities: bad clothes, bad coife and bad lip-synching. He's someone I could bring home to my hot wife and kid and not be ashamed of.

He wouldn't call himself "Bolt" in salacious tones. At the dinner table, he would pray for time, love, and tenderness. Over dessert, gesturing with a cigar, he would philosophize on when a man loves a woman. As my hot wife handed him his overcoat and we walked him down the drive, he'd turn to us with a fleeting glance. I said I loved you... but I lied, he would coo. Ooooh. Bolton! Are you the one?


4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i don't care what anyone says, this is a pretty damn good song. the intro alone saves it. synths all alone, then the vocal, hoarse, pleading, a slight acoustic beneath the mix, then the electric guitar mocking that synth and then big, arena ready drums. yes, this is a good song.

this is not, however, good hair.

Friday, September 29, 2006 11:07:00 PM  
Blogger nick said...

two things i love here - the purple guitar... and the fact that i can't tell if the drummer is mail or female.

Sunday, October 01, 2006 6:24:00 AM  
Blogger nick said...

wow... it's late. male or female!

Sunday, October 01, 2006 6:24:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that drummer is definately mail. no buts about it.

Monday, October 02, 2006 5:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home