Monday, December 18, 2006

The Friday... A-HA!

Dear readers and fans and loyal people everywhere who love me,

We at JBB World HQ are going to take a quick break for the holidaze, but we wanted to leave you with a special, appropriately glorious treat.

My trusty editors fought fiercely against this week's selection. They said, But Jacky Boss, you can't lust after an entire group as your One True Man Love. We let you get away with Wham because we knew your affections focused on George Michael alone. But enough is enough! We're tired of this. Just find a One True Man Love so we can get on with our lives!

Oline arched her witchy brows in scorn while Croftie did major lips of disapproval.

And I looked at them with my fatherly gaze and said in my gentlest Jacky Boss tones: Silly girls, you've been in the ivory tower too long. You don't remember. You don't remember that you wanted to live in this video. You made all your Barbies re-enact this video. And you were not alone. Everyone you knew wanted to be that Debbie... ahem... Deborah Gibson clone in that diner. So, silly girls, while I may not have found my One True Man Love this week, I have found something better. For this is the video of the post-collegiate, pre-professional twenty-something experience. A-ha

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Russell Abbott said...

To Hades with all pencil-drawn animated 1980's videos, and let the streets flow with the blood of all those who loved them. Theses androgynous gender-benders have gone against the teachings of all that is holy and sacred, and they are singularly responsible for the downfall of western civilization. I cannot begin to fathom whether this video featured more prominently in teenage girl nighty-clad pimple-popping parties, or sweaty undergraduate college homosexual experimentation sessions. Either way the musical quality is somewhere on a par with Milli Vanilli or Debbie Gibson. In the New Year, I resolve to bash with a shovel the dog and/or cat of every person who does not viciously denounce these propangandistically unisexual videos.

By the way happy new year!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Russell Abbott,
I don't know who the hell you are, but I have no doubt the phrase "propangandistically [sic] unisexual videos" will go down in JBB The Friday Whatever commentating history. Your wrath against this A-Ha classic alarms me and I do believe this comment would go under the category of "hate mail"- since I have clearly stated this to be the anthem of Croftie and Oline's youth and the Official Video of the Revolution. But your argument that within Take Me On's influence upon "nighty-clad pimple-popping parties" and "homosexual expirimentation sessions" lies the destruction of western civilisation is provocative. And if anything, we love provocation. Well played, young man.
xOxXOXOXxoxOxxoxXOXOXXXXoxOXXXXOxX,
Jables

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 4:15:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Knowing my mother, I bet she was watching that the night I was concieved. And I wonder why I want to draw comics! Evil, they name is Spandex!

Happy New Years man, from another SoCal kiddo. Though I don't think Hemet counts as SoCal. Hell, maybe. One more hour!

-Rem
http://www.iridiansea.net

Monday, January 01, 2007 7:01:00 AM  
Blogger Jeannie said...

Dearest Mr. Black,

I have just come upon your wunnerful blog and am impressed not only by said blog, but by your skillful ability to deal with commenter criticism!

Imo the Aha video is a classic. Once upon a time it mesmerized me; apparently it still has that power. :)

Cheers!
Jeanne

Monday, January 01, 2007 1:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home